MAIN Turmeric +
MAIN Turmeric + may be our single most powerful supplement to aid in reducing inflammation. Listed below are just a few of its ingredients and how they powerfully attack inflammation.
Aside from being a spice, turmeric also acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent with effects that rival common medications to combat various ailments and diseases.
Many people depend on NSAID’s (non-steroidal anti-inflammatories) and analgesics to seek relief for their pain that is resulting from inflammation. However, regular use of such medications is linked to serious side effects in addition to liver and kidney damage, including cardiovascular issues and gastrointestinal damage. Instead, the curcumin in turmeric can offer safe, natural pain relief.
- One study discovered that patients with osteoarthritis who added 200 mg of curcumin per day experienced a reduction in pain and an increase in mobility.
- Another study concluded that turmeric was able to block inflammatory pathways and prevent swelling.
- Studies have also demonstrated that turmeric may have anti-cancer properties by inhibiting the development of a tumor, help the body destroy mutated cancer cells and prevent their spread
- Turmeric can also prevent additional blood supply to cancer cells that is needed for them to grow.
Bromelain is a protein-digesting enzyme that is found in abundance in fresh pineapple and has long been used as a digestive aid, to treat muscle injuries, and to relax tense muscles and connective tissue.
- Research has shown bromelain can inhibit the spread of lung metastasis.
- Other research has shown that bromelain may play a role in anti-aging because it is a natural anticoagulant that breaks down fibrin, a blood-clotting protein.
- Successfully treated sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses)
- Joint pain
Since bromelain is an enzyme that digests proteins, it has also been found to help heal gastrointestinal tract issues such as:
- IBS (Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Colon Cancer
Ginger has been used for medicinal purposes for over 2,500 years to treat a variety of conditions associated with inflammation. The Chinese, in particular, were among the first to use ginger for its anti-inflammatory properties. Since then, ginger continues to be used for the very same reasons today, including to alleviate nausea and indigestion.
Many studies have concluded that ginger serves as a dual inhibitor of enzymes COX (cyclooxygenase) and LOX (lipooxygenase).
- Doctors are constantly prescribing medications specifically to counter the effects of these enzymes.
- Joint pain associated with arthritis has been shown to be effectively reduced with the supplementation of ginger in the diet.
- Adding ginger as a nutritional supplement to patients with arthritis in the knee has a significant effect on moderately alleviating pain at the joint.
Other studies have shown that ginger may lower inflammation that’s associated with:
- Kidney damage
- Even breast cancer.
Evidence also suggests that ginger supplements can lower inflammation and muscle soreness following exercise.
Many studies have shown that epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a compound that’s found in green tea, has been shown to boost fat oxidation by 33%. EGCG may help with weight loss in a variety of ways, including:
- Increasing metabolism
- Increasing fat oxidation
- Possibly increasing fat excretion
- Possibly inhibiting the development of fat cell development
In addition to potentially helping with weight loss, green tea extract has so many more benefits. It’s loaded with antioxidants that have been shown to have a powerful effect on the body. In addition to helping maintain a healthy body weight, green tea extract has also been found to:
- Improve brain function
- Reduce cancer risk
- Reduce risks of developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Improve dental health
- Reduce risk of infection
- Reduce risk of developing type II diabetes
- Reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
Of course, SUPPLEMENTS are called "SUPPLEMENTS" for a reason. They are not called "REPLACEMENTS". The most effective way to reduce inflammation is by removing inflammatory foods from your diet. For a complete customized 16-week anti-inflammatory meal plan see: www.Main-Meals.com
[Information here has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.]